OREO Football Cake
Looking for a fun game day cake? Cupcakes from a mix become a pull apart football using a little purchased decorating frosting for the finishing touches.
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1 container (16 oz.) ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- ½ cup white decorating icing
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 1 cookie in each of 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; spoon over cookies.
- Bake as directed on package for cupcakes; cool 5 min. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Remove and discard paper liners from cupcakes. Arrange cupcakes, with cookie sides up and sides touching, in football shape on platter.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into pastry bag fitted with large star tip; use to pipe frosting onto cupcakes as shown in photo.
- Use decorating icing to draw laces on football as shown in photo.
If you don't have a pastry bag, you can instead use a large resealable plastic bag to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes as directed. Fill bag with frosting, then cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag. Use to pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
You might have a small amount of cake batter left after filling the muffin cups with batter as directed. If so, just spoon the remaining batter into a few additional paper-lined muffin cups and bake as directed for cupcakes. Reserve for another use.
- Food Facts
Often sold in tubes or cans with tips for piping, decorating icings might also be labeled as cookie icings or cupcake icings. If using an icing without a tip, add the icing to a small resealable plastic bag, then cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag. Use to pipe icing onto cupcakes for the laces.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 28g|
|Added sugars 27g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|